
I'll take you with me, with all these others I have saved, until I find a new someone I can't have. It's funny that I can create this other universe in my mind, but it still starts where I left off and will still start at the next place I leave off. Here's what happens: I go home. Sometimes I'll scream myself home in my car, sometimes I'll sleep myself home in my bed. It's my comfort zone, this world I have. Here's what should've happened, that's my home. It's my world. Not really living in the conversations I didn't have. Not really saying that next extra word. I'd just change out that preposition, and then I'm not such a freak. I could take you aside, or for some reason, we'd just be alone. I could bring you to my side. You can be my comfort zone. You can be my world. Sometimes there are consequences and sometimes there are not consequences. That statement is exactly true. It's true for me too, as long as I'm home, I abide by the same rule. Hit restart on the iPod. You're back to where you were, where you started, where you left off. Imagine, I could crumble and fall into you. But then, imagine all the people. Lennon, you're my life from now on. But I love George.

Actually, Bethy, I speak and translate word vomit quite fluently.
ReplyDeleteYou know those certain people you pick out for inspiration or just because they're insanely interesting? When I'm talking in a circle of ordinary people, that's when I look to you. When I'm walking alone in the hallway, that's when I'd catch you in the corner of my eye and let it hang there until you round the bend- because you're just so damn brilliant. People are losing their minds these days, but not you. You're real. And you're real amazing.